Aadhaar Authentication History 2022? Using UIDAIs Aadhaar Authentication History feature, you can easily check online when and who used your Aadhaar Card.
You have to link your Aadhaar Card to Bank Accounts, EPF, PAN, Life Insurance and Mutual Funds. Hence, Aadhaar Card now became an important document. Considering the importance of this and also the possibility of misuse by someone, UIDAI launched the facility to check online when and who used your Aadhaar Card. This service is called as “Aadhaar Authentication History”.
|Portal Starting Date||28th January 2009|
|Toll Free Number||1947|
What is Aadhaar Authentication?
Aadhaar Authentication is a process by which the Aadhaar number along with the demographic information or biometric information of the holder is cross-checked by the Central Identities Data Repository (CIDR) on the request of a service provider like a Bank, Insurance Company, Mutual Fund Company or a Telecom Operator for ID proof.
Aadhaar Authentication can be completed through various means like Biometric – Fingerprint and IRIS, demographic, and One Time Password to registered mobile phone or email id.
- Demographic authentication- The Aadhaar number and demographic information of the Aadhaar number holder obtained from the Aadhaar number holder is matched with the demographic information of the Aadhaar number holder in the CIDR.
- One-time pin based authentication- A One Time Pin (OTP), with limited time validity, is sent to the mobile number and/ or e-mail address of the Aadhaar number holder registered with the Authority, or generated by other appropriate means. The Aadhaar number holder shall provide this OTP along with his Aadhaar number during authentication and the same shall be matched with the OTP generated by the Authority.
- Biometric-based authentication- The Aadhaar number and biometric information submitted by an Aadhaar number holder are matched with the biometric information of the said Aadhaar number holder stored in the CIDR. This may be fingerprint-based or iris-based authentication or other biometric modalities based on biometric information stored in the CIDR.
- Multi-factor authentication- A combination of two or more of the above modes may be used for authentication
Also Read : Get Pan-card In 10 Minutes
A requesting entity (like Banks, Insurance Companies, EPF or Mutual Fund Companies) may choose the suitable mode(s) of authentication from the modes specified above for a particular service or business function as per its requirement, including multiple factors of authentication for enhancing security.
For the avoidance of doubt, it is clarified that e-KYC authentication shall only be carried out using OTP and/ or biometric authentication.
How to check online when and who used your Aadhaar Card?
Now let us see the process of the check online when and who used your Aadhaar Card easily.
Step 1:- Visit UIDAI Aadhaar Official Website (Your Aadhaar online services window).
Step 2:-Now you have to enter the Aadhaar card number and also the security code displayed. Then click on the tab “Generate OTP”.
Step 3:-Here you have options to choose like Authentication types (like Demographic, Biometric, OTP, Demographic and Biometric, Biometric and OTP or Demographic and OTP) or you can select all types of authentication types.
You can also select the date range. However, the maximum 6 months authentication history has to be viewed.
You can also select the number of records. The maximum number of records should be 50.
After selecting all these options, enter the OTP, which you have received to your registered mobile number.
Step 4:-Here you will find the complete history of Aadhaar authentication history. This shows you the date, time, and type of authentication request. However, it does not show what company or agency used your Aadhaar data for authentication.
You can cross check the same to identify who authenticated by checking your email which was sent by UIDAI after every successful authentication. In that email, you will find the details like who authenticated your Aadhaar. Like in this below email. You noticed that A Bank used Aadhaar for authentication.
Hope using this facility you can easily track or check online when and who used your Aadhaar Card using Aadhaar Authentication History feature.
Mutual Fund Account
- CAMS and Karvy provide an online facility to connect computer share Aadhaar to Mutual Fund accounts.
- You can go to CAMS or Karvy’s website and click on the ‘Link your base’ tab. After this, you will have to fill the form by following the entire procedure as instructed.
- After this, an OTP will be sent to your registered number, by filling it you can complete this process. The last date to complete the process of linking Aadhaar to Mutual Fund was 31 December 2017.