Income certificate is an essential document for obtaining various government subsidies and schemes. The amount of income mentioned in an income certificate is calculated based on the actual income of each family. The Gujarat State Government has introduced an online application form to easily obtain income certificate. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Gujarat income certificate.
Income Certificate: Income certificate is mainly used for the following purposes:
Helps to get special privileges from educational institutions. Backward classes make special reservations in college and universities. This certificate plays an important role to get credit from government banks and various government schemes. Old age pension, widow pension and agricultural worker pension will be issued on the income basis.
Eligibility: A person applying for income tax certificate should be a resident of the State of Gujarat.
- Ration Card
- Electricity bill
- Water bill (not older than three months)
- Gas connection
- Bank Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement / Passbook
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards / Service photo identity card issued by Public Sector Undertakings (PSU)
Identity Proof (Anyonee is mandatory):
- Election Card
- PAN Card
- Identity card issued by an approved educational institution.
Income Proof (Anyone is mandatory):
- Employer Certificate (if employed with Govt, Semi Govt or any Govt-undertaking)
- If salaried (Form 16-A and ITR for last three years)
- If in business (ITR of Business for last 3 years and Balance Sheet of Business)
- Declaration before Talati (Service Related)
- Ration Card
- True Copy of Electricity Bill.
- True Copy of Telephone Bill.